Re: Another Yahoo! listing

by Lori Eldridge <lorield(at)uswest.net>

 Date:  Fri, 13 Oct 2000 05:02:21 -0700
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Ken

>I am somewhat surprised at the fact that you submitted it 3 times in 5
>weeks and they did not kick it out.  They strongly discourage
>resubmissions more often than about once every 6 weeks.  BUT, congrats on
>getting the listing.

Their own rules on the page where they explain resubmitting say to
wait "several weeks" after submitting.  I haven't seen where it says
to wait exactly 6 weeks (if you know of such a page please send me
the url).

  The first submission was on 9-5. The 2nd on 9-10 (I wasn't aware of
that rule--but since then I've been getting the rules off of every
search engine faq). Then I waited 4 weeks before trying again and it
worked.

Lori