Re: banning from site?

by Lori Eldridge <lorield(at)uswest.net>

 Date:  Thu, 5 Oct 2000 07:32:36 -0700
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Jen

>At 12:59 3/10/00 -0400, you wrote:
>>I help out on a celeb. site, one thing I do is moderate a message board.  We
>>do get the occasional 'fruitloop' that tries to post nasty/inappropriate
>>messages which we block.  Lately we have had a persistent one and now the
>>messages are threatening hacking the site.  Not that I think this person
>>will carry out the threat but is there any way of blocking this person from
>>the site if we know the ip address?

I have been moderating/owning mailing lists for the last 7 years. You
might try that option instead of a message board. That way you can
close the list so you have to approve subscriptions. You can also
request that the people fill out a questionaire first (using
openended questions so they don't know what you are expecting). I did
this with my last list and have very few problems now.

Lori