Re: ticker trouble

by Lori Eldridge <lorield(at)uswest.net>

 Date:  Fri, 13 Oct 2000 05:45:37 -0700
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Pam and David and everyone who is trying to help me with this.

>Hi Lori,
>IE centers the the ticker, but in Netscape it is positioned to the left.

Right. I forgot to mention it was a netscape problem. I can force it
to start on either side of the page but not centered. I have changed
the code around in several ways and it doesn't affect where it starts.

In IE is starts on the edge of the page scrolls to the other edge of
the page and it doesn't change when I change the width of the table.

>You could try placing it in a table, same as you have done for your
>header:
>< table border="0" width="300" align="center" >
>--only make the width at least 400, since that is the width of your
>ticker.
>Hope this helps :)

It is already in a table (on the Buick page--the other inside pages
haven't been changed yet). I changed the width to make sure all
widths are the same, and also changed the marquee width and that
hasn't helped any.

This page validates ok for doctype 4.01 except for the layer/ilayer
code in the ticker.

BTW, I managed to get it to do what I want on the main page with the
ticker.js include right on the front page. However, on all the inside
pages I want the ticker.js (which is smaller than the main page) to
go into the logo2.txt (it has a smaller logo) and those goes into an
include on every inside page. I'm wondering if this might be the
problem?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Lori