Re: Page redirect

by Lori Eldridge <lorield(at)uswest.net>

 Date:  Sat, 9 Dec 2000 05:57:56 -0800
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Paul,

>It is not recommended to use the meta refresh tag or other common forms of
>refresh.  Several of the Search Engines ban websites that use refresh.  They
>think some splash pages are used to trick their indexing spider and allow a
>higher SE rating.
>
>Paul Wilson
>webgooru(at)gte.net

I have the meta refresh tag on almost all of my web pages so people
will get the updated copy and not one in their cache. I had never
heard that some search engines won't list a site with them. Can you
tell us which ones? Must not be Yahoo because they have listed all
but one of my sites that I requested.

Is there another way to make sure viewers get the most up date page
on a web site?

Thanks,

Lori