Interesting demographic!

by Lori Eldridge <lorield(at)qwest.net>

 Date:  Sun, 16 Dec 2001 07:45:17 -0800
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi All,

Just because you're in the USA and have a 54k dialup doesn't mean you get fast service. I live 6 miles outside of a major US city and cannot get cable or any other faster service--my 54k is opperating at 33.6. So I assume all country dwellers (3rd, 1st or whatever) have the same problem.
take care,
Lori

Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 22:11:44 -0500
From: "Captain F.M. O'Lary" <ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net>
Subject: Interesting demographic!

"Less than 1% of the UK people have fast internet access, placing Britain
last among the Group of Seven nations in broadband penetration. "

<.source>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/business/newsid_1689000/1689929.stm
<./source>

Huuuummmmmm. I had no idea the percentage was that low. It would almost
seem like the majority of that 1% would have to be the web servers living
the UK. Don't you think?

I wonder how many actual humans have broadband? Is 54k dialup the majority
or is it still 33.6?

Anyone have any recent numbers on that?

Fuzzzzy.