Re: TEXTAREA question

by webmaster(at)electroservice.com

 Date:  Fri, 1 Mar 2002 05:09:34 -0500
 To:  "Bridgett Schneider" <bridgett(at)maddoc.net>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 3:12 AM -0600 3/1/02, Bridgett Schneider wrote:
>I use checkboxes and a textarea. I need to LIMIT the amount of
>characters that can be put into this textarea. I assumed (never do
>that <G>) setting MAXLENGTH at 75 would accomplish this, but found I
>was wrong.

I would suggest the following definition of your text input info.

INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="name" VALUE="" SIZE=30 MAXLENGTH=75

This will set the box to 30 characters wide and allow 75 characters
input.  Changing SIZE to 75 and it will show all the 75 character
capability.

Using <TEXTAREA NAME="name" ROWS=7 COLS=27></TEXTAREA> you get a
similar text input ability, but it is defined by number of columns
and number of rows only.
--

Cliff Smith
VP - Operations