Net 6.x printing problem

by Lori Eldridge <lorield(at)qwest.net>

 Date:  Wed, 22 Aug 2001 06:12:27 -0700
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi All,

Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 16:32:57 -0500
From: jtpolk(at)texas.net
Subject: Re: critique please

>> ALso simple question - do many of you have Netscape and only use it for
>> viewing the sites. I use IE and have never used Netscape and was wondering
>> if this is a common practice?

>I use it since my primary or native Operating System is Linux and not
>Windows. Mozilla/Netscape 6.x has made great strides and I'm looking
>forward to the 1.x release.

I use Netscape 4.x about 90% of the time, for coding (this eliminates having to work backwards via IE5 cause I get it right the first time) and surfing (there are several features I like on Net 4.x that are not available On IE5, like "send page" to myself or others and I ***HATE*** Outlook express email and can't find a way to get it to use Eudora).

HOWEVER, I recently downloaded Net Com 6.0 and the first time I tried to print it crashed. From then on all it does is beep when I try to print. Net Com 4.77 still prints fine. I'm using a Mac on OS9. I have written their new "talkback" service  several time now where you report bugs but so far they aren't "talking back".

Any suggestions?

Lori
www.loriswebs.com