RE: site wont go away

by webmaster(at)electroservice.com

 Date:  Tue, 12 Feb 2002 07:54:21 -0500
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:39 AM -0600 2/12/02, Hugh Blair wrote:
>If you want the site to really deleted, just make empty HTML pages
>with the same names as the existing pages and upload them to this
>old server.  Then, anyone accessing the site will get blank pages.
>Or maybe a 'front' (index.html) page that redirects them to another
>[new] site?

As I understand it, she cannot get the new pages to display because
there is a "control panel" page that she must use, and it does not
work.

Since the pages are on the server and you have no access to the
directory that holds the pages being displayed, you have no choice in
the matter.  You must contact the ISP/Hosting company to get it
accomplished.

Your only other option is to load the pages on a new server and have
the customer reflect the new addy in correspondence and advertising.
Since the ISP/Hosting company is going out of business, it will have
to be done sooner or later anyway.
--

Cliff Smith
VP - Operations