RE: Only for society's elite

by Lori Eldridge <lorield(at)qwest.net>

 Date:  Thu, 20 Dec 2001 18:58:02 -0800
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Tom,

>A design question! A design opinion???
>
>Anyways...
>
>It is something to think about. How far back in browser versions should you
>But my Netscape version is 4.77 and my IE is 5 point something.

I've tried Netscape 6 for Power Mac 0S 9 twice and couldn't get to to work either time--crashes and won't print web pages. I've heard that IE 6 will wipe out all settings in previous versions of IE so not anxious to go there when I'm a web designer and need the previous versions intact.

For an organization to insist their users utilize only the latest versions is really snobbish in my opinion--but then that is exactly the persona exhibited by that particular "celebrity," so I guess it's to be expected.

Lori