Re: Browser Resolution

by ErthWlkr(at)aol.com

 Date:  Sat, 10 Jun 2000 08:52:37 EDT
 To:  howardm(at)achilles.net,
jtpolk(at)texas.net
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Howard:

You wrote:

> I think Jim's stats show that the target for design is 800x600 without
>  caring about the size of the monitor.

Yes - you're absoulutely correct on that.  640X480 used to be most common
from what I understand and I think that was placed in context with the
smaller monitors (under 15 inch) that were also more common.

Now designers are comfortable using 800X600.  Larger monitor sizes are also
becoming more standard rather than option.

I guess I was assuming people had their monitors set to what I'm used to....
:-)

- Jeff K.