Re: white line around pic

by ErthWlkr(at)aol.com

 Date:  Sun, 28 Jan 2001 18:53:10 EST
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Rashunda:

You wrote:

> Some folks mentioned to me that I needed to get the white edge from around
>  the pic on the first page of my website.  I used the transparency dropper
in
>  Net Objects to get as far as I have.  How exactly do I erase the white
edge?
>  Telling me to "do it in a graphics editor" really doesn't help since I'm
new
>  to this.  If someone could email step by step instructions I'd really
>  appreciate it. I have Photoshop Limited Edition

At close inspection, there is no "white line" in your illustration - if you
magnify and look closely between the locks of hair, there are actually
pixels.  When you look at it actual size, it appears to be white (it's
actually gray).

Susan gave you a couple of options.  You have to go back to your parent file
(original artwork) and clear out those pixels in between the locks of hair.
Then replace those areas with the brown background you have in your web site.
 Then when you optimize and save as a .gif, set your matte color to the same
as your brown background.

Hope this helps.

- Jeff K.