Re: CSS placement with transparent GIF

by ErthWlkr(at)aol.com

 Date:  Sat, 18 Nov 2000 11:04:01 EST
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hiya Laszlo:

You wrote:

> I have style sheets on my html page (http://d-eyes.ttk.pte.hu/~gcs/).
>  I have a psoition command, and it looks ok, as it displayed correctly with
>  my netscape 4.76. But, if you move the pointer to the link, it can't be
>  accessed. I figured out that NN thinks it's at the very top of the page.
>  Like there's no positioning at all. Anyone knows a workaround for this
> problem?

I haven't been doing this long - and I'm not saying that tongue in cheek -
but why are you using relative positioning?  This is kinda buggy in
Netscape...

I also noted that you put the links to external style sheets inside the body
of your document - this should be in the <.head> portion - where by the way
you have yet another "internal" style sheet....  :-)

Is Netscape just simply confused?  I am...this student's just curious.....

- Jeff K.