Re: layout problem

by ErthWlkr(at)aol.com

 Date:  Tue, 6 Feb 2001 15:50:17 EST
 To:  tstephens(at)mebudgetads.com,
hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Ted & Friends:

Ted asked:

>The other day I asked about frames ver tables and I got a lot of good
>answers back. I believe I made a decision to use tables for my layout.
>Know I am having a problem with the layout. A table on the top of a page
>with the logo and banner and a menu table is on the left of the page.
>How do I get the body to stay in the middle with out interfering with
>the menu.

If I understand correctly, you can use a table within a table.

For example:

<.table>

<.tr>
<.td> (your logo and banner here) <.td>
<./tr>

<.tr>
<.td>

<.table>
(insert your navigation table here using <.tr> and <.td> tags)

<./td>

<.td>
(insert your body copy here)
<./td>
<./tr>

So what you have is an overall table that has the first row with one cell
running across the top that houses the log and banner.

Then you open your second row, first cell and create another table that has
your navigation.  Close that first cell then move to the second cell in the
second row and place your body copy.

For a quick tutorial in this, go to:
http://htmlgoodies.earthweb.com/tutors/tbl_in_tbl.html

Hope this helps....