Re: Sound player image not showing when bgsound tag used

by ErthWlkr(at)aol.com

 Date:  Mon, 3 Jul 2000 16:54:27 EDT
 To:  hearl(at)bigfoot.com,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Friends:

It was written:

> When this was the case, the sound player image (which allows the file's
>  listener to stop the file playing or to play it again) appeared but the
>  sound file started playing before it was fully loaded, causing the sound
>  to stop and start repeatedly.  For this reason I removed the 'embed'
>  tag, leaving the 'bgsound' tag only.

>From what I understand:

AUTOSTART=false prevents sound from playing on page load.
You must also insert CONTROLS="(type of console)" in order to get the sound
controls on the page.  These are both used with the EMBED tag.

I'm not sure how well supported the embed tag is - although I've read you
should use both the embed tag and the bgsound tag to cover both IE and
Netscape.

- Jeff K.