Re: Browser Resolution

by ErthWlkr(at)aol.com

 Date:  Sat, 10 Jun 2000 06:40:48 EDT
 To:  jtpolk(at)texas.net
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Jim:

You wrote:

> As it turns out 6 percent of our users did not have a modern enough
>  browser to for me to gather the figures

Reading through some of those stats I think confirms that you still have to
design pages for 13 to 15 inch monitors - with the move positively towards
the 15 inch.

In the May issue of Digital Output, an article titled Designing the User
Experience,  writers Ralph Kimball and Richard Merz stress that you must
design for the lowest common denominator - even to still consider the old
28.8 kps modems out there.

As far as updating goes, the authors also state that studies reveal that
users update to the current release of browsers at a rate of only 1 to 2
percent a week!

- Jeff Kopito