Re: More stupid basic questions

by Lois Duckworth <leduckw(at)ici.net>

 Date:  Fri, 23 Jun 2000 16:09:23 -0400 (EDT)
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Ted,
>Not really. Believe it or not, a Mac is actually a real computer--regardless
>of what some of us PC types infer. A Mac owner may be running a very capable
>browser --or-- a very poor one.
You started out so well but here is a Mac user who trashed the Microsoft
Explorer version that came with my OS9 software.

I work with MIE at the computer lab but still prefer Netscape with my home
computer.  For one thing I know how to work with it and so far it serves me
well.
As the technology continues to change I still leave a web site that uses
too much new stuff!!  Only sometimes do I find the newer techniques used
really well. Usually the more recent tricks just don't seem needed.

Personal preferences still rule the day.  However, I can still hear myself
saying , "Oooh! Wow!!"  Often amazed and amused but always a little behind
the times.
Please remember that I use my computer for many things other than the web.

I'm learning so much wih this thread, too.  Eventually I'll be ready to
take another giant step forward with the information I'm gleaning here.
Thanks again to all who offer so much.

TTFN,
Lois Duckworth