What Fuzzy said

by Lois Duckworth <leduckw(at)ici.net>

 Date:  Sat, 24 Jun 2000 10:14:29 -0400 (EDT)
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>2) Makes a wonderful argument FOR the use of valid HTML, and the ~strong~
>avoidance of java script and browser specific code unless necessary - I
>mean required - by the demographics.
>
>Am I living in the dark ages or what?
Hi Folks,
I agree with the choice of newer coding for business sites for secure buying.
I just really appreciate all those sites which are not business oriented
and are intiated because of someone's hobby as they share their interest,
excitement , experience, and knowledge.  No other medium can accomplish so
much worldwide.

One of my favorites is Koko the Gorilla. www.gorilla.org
They recently entered a marvelous feature using newer coding that works
well, even in Netscape. With a click of the mouse you can watch Koko
signing.  It all happens very quickly and smoothly.  I've yet to figure out
how it was accomplished.  I'm not against progress.

So those who still use html for personal sites and thus enrich the www
offerings are to be commended for considering the fact that so many of
their visitors are newbies and may well be using older computers.  Keep in
mind that these are expensive toys for many people.  Older computers still
work very well and are being cast away abundantly.  A beginner can now
fetch a working older computer for about $100.00. Please don't forget to
welcome these folks by presenting web pages they can appreciate.  "One
man's trash is another man's treasure."

Keep up the good work here, Folks.  I find no malice here, just great sharing.

TTFN,
Lois Duckworth