Re: Re: FW: Canterbury Park

by Lois Duckworth <leduckw(at)ici.net>

 Date:  Wed, 27 Jun 2001 16:39:47 -0400
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Folks,
>One becomes somewhat philosophical about being a minority OS user. It
>will probably be a few years before enough Mac users have upgraded to
>newer versions that support Java well. If you want to be considerate to
>those of us in the Mac ghetto, use javascript when possible instead of
>Java applets.

Many people new to computers and the www are picking up older computers as
others upgrade because they are affordable.  Some older Mac computers can
be had for less than $100 complete with monitor, keyboard, mouse and
running reliably.  Not to stir a discussion about platforms  but to
emphasize it is still good policy to design web pages for older machines.
Reconditioned machines are a dream come true for many people.  It all
depends on whether or not you want to include these users.
Lots of younger people are buying newer machines and giving their older
ones to their parents or donating them to charities.  The machines are
still doing their job.  I bet they will be recycled over and over.

Now, if there were a way to recycle cookies so I could minimize the junk
email  I'd revisit more pages, probably!

Going back to my corner,
Lois