html emails

by Valerie L Walker <wholebody(at)sfo.com>

 Date:  Mon, 12 Feb 2001 19:41:44 -0800
 To:  hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
hello, people--

Anybody have any experience creating html emails for commercial use?  I
have been beating my brains out at work trying to build one that I can send
from a Mac to a PC and back (for internal review) which will still read as
something other than plain text. Is this an impossibility?  Do I have to
know Unix or have a Linux machine in order to do this?

The workaround I've used is to just put the page up on our corporate
website so people can look at it.  Could people with PCs as well as Macs,
and different browsers take a look at it and let me know if it reads okay?
It's at http://www.raresponse.com/testing/at/AT1291Java.html  and it used
to look a lot better before the client made me take out the background
colors. "Hold it, Michelangelo, the Pope's changed his mind again."

Yes, I realize the header shouldn't be there, but it's gonna be an email,
remember...

valerie
wholebody(at)sfo.com and valeriewalker_99(at)yahoo.com
415/970-0654
http:www//wiggage.com
"What is anarchy? A parallel existence of cultural entities with their own
space, respecting each other. Yes, that's what I want. And if you want to
call that anarchy, call that anarchy."

--Andy Mueller-Maguhn