Re: hwg mailing list Protocol ???

by Roland <roland(at)ninehells.org>

 Date:  Wed, 24 May 2000 17:10:39 -0400 (EDT)
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Actually, the easiest thing to do is set up a filter in your email program
that transfers all email sent to hwg-insertmailinglistnamehere(at)hwg.org -or-
sent to hwg-mailinglistname(at)mail.hwg.org to a specific folder. That's what
I did. If you'd like a hand with doing this, email me off-list with the
lists you've subscribed to and the email program you're using, version, and
OS.

Martin McCarthy
Ninehells Design
http://www.ninehells.org

>I am a newbie on this list and have an observation that concerns me.  With
>all the problems associated with email coming from people you don't know, I
>am concerned whether or not I should be opening the mail I get from people
>on the list.  That is, I have been on other mailing lists and the subjects
>of the mailings are much clearer than the ones I've received so far from
>this list such that I know its mailing list mail and not junk mail.
>
>Is there any way that people can add a code such as hwg at the beginning of
>their subject area so we can all know that the mail we are opening isn't
>junk mail/spam/virus etc?
>
>example:
>Subject:   hwg Any title you wish to ask about
>
>This would be a terrific courtesy that would make us all feel a lot more
>comfortable with receiving mail from unknown sources.
>I really want to stay on this list but have serious concerns about knowing
>what I am opening.  If you have ever detected a virus on your system,
>perhaps you can appreciate my concern.
>Kate Pollara
>
>www.jsjbf.com

Martin McCarthy