Re: 2 break tags/table rowspan problem

by Lori Eldridge <lorel(at)ior.com>

 Date:  Thu, 20 Apr 2000 13:29:43 -0700
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Mike,

>First of all, I notice that you have an extra set of <body></body> tags in
>your code. Also, I see extra data cell openings with no data and no closing
>tag. You employ a prolific use of the <br> and <center> tags. And, you have
>two declarations of "rowspan", on for "3", and a second one for "2"...so
>delete the one for "2". Also, you cannot nest <td> tags within other <td>
>tags, unless you declare a new table and row first.

I solved the above with the 2 include problems I found.

>You can layout the data in your cells much easier if you will simply apply
>the "align=center" attribute to the data cells where you want it centered.

That would work to make the image and title centered but I didn't want the text centered. But I can see I did overdo the center tags.

>And, generally, two <br> tags back to back have the same effect in layout
>as using only one tag. If you are trying to create space, I would suggest
>using the &nbsp; with a <br> tag immediately following it.

I have read this somewhere (that two <br> tags don't work) but it works for me in Netscape and I use it all the time. Does this only NOT work in certain browsers?

>Tables will  _force_  you to learn HTML!

Right on!!!,

Thanks for your input.

Lori