RE: Hand-coding all the way, or...?

by Leslie(at)wholespace.com

 Date:  Wed, 29 Nov 2000 06:29:02 -0600
 To:  Jim Tom Polk <jtpolk(at)texas.net>
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Jim--

Thanks for the great info on various text editors.

What are the fundamental difference between Amaya, HoTMetaL Pro, and
GNU emacs? Are there Macintosh versions of these?

Are you familiar with BBedit for the Macintosh? How would you say
this text editor compares to the above?

I *way* prefer a powerful text editor over a WYSIWYG. And I'm always
on the lookout for the perfect editor. BBedit comes pretty darn
close. <g>

TIA,
Leslie

At 12:46 AM -0600 11/28/00, Jim Tom Polk wrote:
>There is another alternative: validating editors that write valid HTML.
>I use Amaya from the W3 and HoTMetaL Pro, and they both will produce
>valid HTML from the git go.
>
>For instance, if you use one of the three HTML 4.01 DTD's in a web page
>(you can set one of them as the default for a new blank page) in
>HoTMetaL Pro, the page that is written is validated as you write.
>
>This is the future of validation.
>
>>  There is ONLY one way of validating a page:
>>
>>  Submit it manually, or automatically via a link on your page, to a
>>  validation service such as:
>>
>>  http://validator.w3.org
>>

>--
>

>Jim Tom Polk -:- jtpolk(at)texas.net -:- http://camalott.com/~jtpolk/
>	''You might as well fall flat on your face as
>	  lean over too far backwards.''      --James Thurber--
>    "The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three
>           elements: energy, matter and enlightened self-interest."
>  		- G'Kar  "Survivors"

-

                                                          ::
                                                          ::
   Leslie Berrie :  Wholespace.com
   (e) leslie(at)wholespace.com (t) 312.664.4424 (f) 312.664.4423
                                                          ::
                                                           :::
                                                            ::::
                                                              ::::