Re: Quotation mark

by Farieda Amatullah <amatullah(at)da-projects.nl>

 Date:  Fri, 13 Jul 2001 22:30:04 +0200
 To:  hwg-basics <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:15:16 -0600, you wrote:

>I was just wondering why some writers use quotation marks for attribute
>arguments and others don't.
>
>Is it a style thing?  What is the standard?

Old school book purist style is with " ", it also aids in less errors.

I always use quotes. The standard 4.0 HTML format is with either single or
double quotes.

If you like to know for certain try look here: http://www.htmlhelp.com/ Good
stuff there.

The same issue arises with the <p> tag. Many do not deem it necessary to use
a opening and closing tag. However it is encouraged to use both the opening
tag <p> and the closing tag </p>.

--
Vrede, peace, salaam,
Farieda