Macs & webmastering

by Lori Eldridge <lorel(at)on-ramp.ior.com>

 Date:  Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:28:48 -0800
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hi All,

I have 2 questions.

I have a friend who has been in touch with lots of webhosting companies in=
 preparation to starting up a massive ecommerce site on the net. He has been=
 trying to convince me to buy a PC and they are telling him that Macs have a=
 big problem setting up websites that will work with all browsers but PCs=
 don't have this problem. Is this true?

Also, I am a dyed-in-the-wool Mac-a-holic so I'll never change but I would=
 like to know what programs I should use to help eliminate this as much as=
 possible. I recently bought a UMAX Astra 2200 scanner which has Photoshop=
 LE, Fireworks and Net Fusion and Net Objects. Is there anything else I need=
 to be able to produce good websites? So far I have been doing all my html=
 by hand.

If anyone wants to check out some of my websites to see if they cause you a=
 problem with your system/browser it would be greatly appreciated (see urls =
below).

Thanks,

Lori
http://www.prophezine.com/poetry/lori/