Re: hwg-basics-digest V1 #679

by Oscar Chavez <oc918(at)mizzou.edu>

 Date:  Thu, 1 Jun 2000 16:34:08 -0500
 To:  Sharon <sll(at)chariot.net.au>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Sharon,

One way to go (and it's as free as free software is) is to use
pdftex. If you are familiar with LaTeX, this is the perfect solution.
Every piece of software needed is available in the Internet.

If you have not used LaTeX ever before, then this solution will be
too troublesome, and not practical at all.

  > I cannot afford to buy Adobe Acrobat and I want to
  > convert some Word 7.0
  > documents into PDF files and add security to stop modification.
  >
  > Anyone know of another piece of software that I can do
  > this with? I don't
  > need fancy formatting or graphics capabilities. The
  > documents are straight
  > text with some tab spaces and bold and italics. I want
  > the document formats
  > to be preserved.

http://tug.cs.umb.edu/applications/pdftex/

Oscar Chavez