Re: screen display size

by Rob Bushman <rbushman(at)mpsaz.org>

 Date:  Mon, 10 Apr 2000 15:13:01 -0700
 To:  hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
 Cc:  Ben Ocean <beno(at)cnw.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Are we talking about the entire screen size or just the amount of
space available within the browser? As far as I know, there are
certain resolutions that monitors can display (based on the video
card, drivers, and monitor specs).

	Resolution		Ratio
	 640 *  480 (1.33)	 4:3
	 800 *  600 (1.33)	 4:3
	 832 *  624 (1.33)	 4:3
	1024 *  768 (1.33)	 4:3
	1152 *  870 (1.32)	 4:3 (close enough)
	1280 *  960 (1.33)	 4:3
	1280 * 1024 (1.25)	 5:4
	1600 * 1200 (1.33)	 4:3
	1920 * 1080 (1.78)	16:9

The only difference you will see with identical monitors set at the
same resolution, is in how much space the browser window takes up.