Re: Migrating Website

by George Bray <listoid(at)linkalarm.com>

 Date:  Tue, 4 Apr 2000 13:15:16 +1000
 To:  JMW120OVI(at)aol.com,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 9:07 AM -0400 3/4/00, JMW120OVI(at)aol.com wrote:

>My company is planning on moving our website from one ISP to another.  Any
>advice as to potential problems that may be encountered?

Dave,

If possible, make sure the server is the same platform.  If you're
moving to a UNIX filesystem, the case of your filenames must be
exactly the same as the files mentioned in your pages.

If you're moving your domain's email too, make sure your new setup
has a "catch all" account. Even if you haven't set up all your
existing email addresses at the new place, they wont be bounced.

	George

--
George Bray - LinkAlarm - Web Site Quality Assurance
Web: http://linkalarm.com  Email: mailto:george.bray(at)linkalarm.com