RE: follow up on using a false identity

by "Bob Masters" <admin(at)BobMasters.com>

 Date:  Sat, 20 May 2000 16:04:14 -0400
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I sure was not going to respond to this one but now I just gotta!

One of our clients - in fact our largest client - has assigned 'Christian'
names to each of the ladies who respond to e-mails (false identity). This
was new to me but, since, I have learned that this is a common practice
among employers whose employees (or, at least, some of them) interface with
the public. Turns out there is a very good justification in this 100% legal
practice.

There are a lot of nuts out there. It is not unusual for one of them to
track down a lady (sometime a gentleman) for some reason perhaps only known
to him/herself (yes - females do this, also).

To quote an attorney - it only becomes illegal when... use an assumed
identity belonging to someone else... use an assumed identity to defraud..."
(there is a lot more but you get the drift.  Incidentally, a 'doing business
as' is a form of assumed identity - just legally registered.

How many brand names have you known which were portraying fictitious people?

Now that all this is said, I, too, go along with the crowd. Be yourself.

And, btw, nice pic. Could be taped to your bathroom mirror and used as a
goal.

Cheers

Zzyvko

P.S. I use an assumed identity frequently. Most of the people I deal with
are of English descent. If they are even willing to attempt pronouncing my
name they usually can't. So, to make it easier for them I used the name
Lawrence. But, I don't mind telling them it isn't my real name. Of course,
when they hear my name they usually say something like, "Okay, Lawrence."
So, what's the deal as long as you are honest about the play.

"Lawrence"
Zzyvko Marjanovitch
Zzyvko(at)Activizers.com
Mountain Home Publishing Co