RE: Opinion, please

by "Chris Montgomery" <monty(at)astutia.com>

 Date:  Sat, 24 Jun 2000 16:05:42 -0500
 To:  <daphne(at)garrison-grafixx.com>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Daphne,

I'd say your paranoid instincts are right on target.  We've seen too
many horror stories in this forum similar to your fears where the person
in your shoes got screwed and had to write it off to "experience."
Before I did anything else, I'd get a written agreement (contract) drawn
up which guarantees you some money up front for your work and have this
guy sign it.  That way, if he bags out with your work (HTML files), you
at least are compensated somewhat.  Better yet, have the agreement state
that all work produced by you is copyright to you until such time as the
project is completed - that way he won't legally be able to use it if
decides not to go with you.  If he balks at any of this, walk away and
don't look back - there are other opportunities out there.

Well, that's what I'd do.  Now, let the lawyers wade in.

Cheers and Good Luck,

Chris Montgomery               monty(at)astutia.com
:: Web development/Consulting  http://www.astutia.com ::
:: Allaire Consulting Partner/ NetObjects Reseller    ::
:: 210-490-3249/888-745-7603   Fax 210-490-4692       ::
:: Find a Job in San Antonio   http://www.sajobnet.com::