RE: online payments for client without merchant account?

by "Kasia Whiteis" <kasia(at)whiteis.com>

 Date:  Fri, 7 Jul 2000 09:41:44 -0400
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
<<
We have a client who wants to sell a few items from his web site,
but does not currently have a merchant account.

Hi Robert,

Here are two companies that will enable you to accept credit
cards without your own merchant account:

http://ccnow.com - they take 9% of the total sale amount; no set
up fees, no monthly fees, tangible goods only.

http://ccslide.com - they take 6.9% of sales on tangibles, 9.9%
on sales of non-tangibles; no setup fees, no monthly fees, accept
payments for products, services, memberships, subscriptions, etc.

I have been using CCnow and I am quite happy about their service.
Plus, you don't have to charge sales tax since they are located
in Delaware.

Downside of using a service like this in general: you can't
accept credit cards over the phone, and also it is not your
company's name that will appear on the customer's credit card
statement, so this might cause some confusion if you don't
explain it properly on your website.

I hope this helps,

Kasia Whiteis
mailto:kasia(at)whiteis.com