RE: banner ads

by "Walter Kesting" <kesting(at)mindspring.com>

 Date:  Mon, 3 Jul 2000 09:31:21 -0400
 To:  "'Karen Stafford'" <webmaster(at)noteworthydesigns.com>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Part of the WRITTEN SIGNED contract you have on all web sites you build
should include something like the following.

"Client understands that the client is receiving quality workmanship at a
discounted rate.  In exchange for the amount of the discount Client agrees
that the Designer will be permitted to the placement of a small banner on
each page designed partially or fully by Designer signifying that the
Designer has designed said page.  Banner will state the following:

				"Designed BY
				 BestWebCorp"

Furthermore Client agrees that said banner will include a "click through" to
Designer's home page for marketing and solicitation purposes.  Client
acknowledges that Client shall receive no additional remuneration for any
business developed from leads obtained by designer from such banner."

The theme here is to always offer a discount.  If your base rate is
$75.00/hour then bid the job for $85.00 "less discount" for a total of
$75.00/hour.  Many clients will not object.  Those that do will either pay
the Base rate or not or you can turn the work down depending on how hungry
you are.  But you can ALWAYS give it a shot.

The other thing I think you can do (I have not tried this but am exploring
it now) is to try to arrange banner advertising on your client sites and get
a commission by acting as an agent for the advertising company.