Re: designing for IE and NS

by Martin Skj�ldebrand <chimbis(at)skjoldebrand.org>

 Date:  Wed, 24 May 2000 04:36:35 +0200
 To:  hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Wed, 24 May 2000, you wrote:
> I'm not sure this is the proper forum for this. If it's not, I apologize.
>

> I'm assuming we all design our sites to work in both Internet Explorer and
> Netscape. Frankly, I'm getting a bit sick of having to do it, mainly
> because I have come to despise NS ,  due to its limitations and the
> difficulty getting things to look right.

In the latest version difficulties to get things to look right would mean that
it doesn't follow standards.

Anyway. I think that designing for just one browser is short sighted. Whatever
happens if the browser you design for becomes less popular. Like what happened
to NS years ago? It's redesign time!
No - I'd aim at the "weaker" of the two and try some browser detection to
"enchance" the site.

M.

  --  Martin Skj�ldebrand, Chimbis Design
Sys admin, web design