Mac/Windows conversions

by "Tamara Harpster" <tharpst1(at)san.rr.com>

 Date:  Mon, 3 Apr 2000 09:17:45 -0700
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hi Jennifer,

I use Transmac, available at www.asy.com from Acute Systems. It will read
floppies, Zip disks, and Jaz drives which is helpful, and has even handled
some Mac disks that another Macintosh had trouble with, due to the age of
the floppy. :-)

Tamara Harpster
Webmaster, Perennial Joy Productions
http://www.perennialjoy.com/

=================================
From:           	"Jennifer Johns, Nubble Designs"
<jennifer(at)nubbledesigns.net>
To:             	<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
Subject:        	Mac/Windows conversions
Date sent:      	Wed, 29 Mar 2000 19:49:08 -0600

I just got 2 new clients, both of whom use Macs.  I use Windows.  While I
realize I can share documents via e-mail text, one of my new clients is very
"computer-illiterate" and that would be asking too much from them.  So they
handed me a disk with their information, but I have no way of getting this
information (unless my husband remembers to take the disk to work with
him and converts it there!).  Shy of having my husband do this for me every
time I get updates from my Mac clients, is there a good conversion program
anyone
can recommend that would allow me to put a Mac diskette into my disk drive
and
get the files?  The less expensive, the better.

Thanks,
Jennifer

Jennifer Johns
Nubble Designs