Re: Advertising, etc

by "Taylor-Made" <taymade(at)home.com>

 Date:  Sun, 20 Feb 2000 14:21:31 -0600
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Virginia, when you are looking for a 'guarantee' you better be thinking of
paying out.  A lot of the search engines will guarantee you a placement by
how much you pay.  Sometimes, it is quite pricey.  Be careful.  When I first
started doing web design, I had a service that submitted to 500 search
engines.  I paid for that service (how much I have learned since then!)  and
I had to end up submitting them individually.

I would like to ask, are there really any guarantee where you will come up
on search engine or directory?

Yahoo charges $199 just to look at your site within a specified numbers of
days, but does guarantee that you will be added to to their directory.
Others charge by so many hits to your site, etc.  Be wise when deciding what
to do.

Joyce