Re: Mac/Windows conversions

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Wed, 29 Mar 2000 22:14:23 -0800
 To:  "Jennifer Johns,
Nubble Designs" <jennifer(at)nubbledesigns.net>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Jennifer,

For situations such as what you're describing, I use MacDrive 98 by Media4
Productions (www.media4.com). It integrates into the Windows Explorer shell,
and allows seamless access to Mac-formatted floppies, ZIPs, and CDs (as well
as other media, I'm sure). It can also format floppies and ZIPs in Mac
format, so there's less risk of losing data should you have to send
something from a Windows machine to a Mac (they seem to be only able to get
our DOS 8.3 names, not the Long File Names Windows95/98/ME and NT4/2000
use). They have a newer version now available, MacDrive2000 which integrates
with the newest Windows OSs (ME/2000) as well as the older ones. You can buy
it direct from them, or in stores (sometimes cheaper), and the cost is very
reasonable (less than one might expect) -- I'm not giving the prices just in
case that would violate some of the rules, but it's less than some competing
products. Considering what it does and allows you to do, I highly recommend
it! Sure, there are other products that claim to do the same or more,
sometimes for less cost, but I've found MacDrive to be one of the best and
well worth it's price.

Good luck,
Kehvan M. Zydhek