Re: expected income.....

by "Taylor-Made" <taymade(at)home.com>

 Date:  Thu, 2 Mar 2000 00:31:09 -0600
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
We can not discuss money or what one charges on these lists.  I suggest you
review the rules and regs for what can and cannot be posted.

Well, only you can know whether you did the right thing and time will tell.
I live in a very small town and if I get one a month, that is great!  If I
lived in a metropolitan area, I'd be way busier.  But you have to keep one
thing in mind. There are more and more Web Site  Designers coming into the
work force everyday.  And one doesn't even have to go close by (lots of my
clients are hundreds of miles away and I have never met them) to get their
site designed.

So, if this is going to be your career, great!  But always be honest and
straightforward with your potential clients.  Go out of your way if you have
to at first until you build your clinetal list.

And, don't sweat it.  I bet you'll do just fine.  I thought I'd never get my
second client and I did.  By all means, make sure you have a pot of coffee
nearby or you'll never make it!  LOL  Also, it counts for a tremdous amount
if you love what you do.  I do, period.  I am a stay-at-home mom (love it!)
and didn't think I'd ever work out of my home.  The internet has made so
many, many things possible for so many people.  Starting a career at 47 is a
scary thing, when you think of all the knowledge that the people on these
lists have.  But they are wonderful in their help and support as you'll find
out if you stay on them.

PS  I don't think your wife will let you starve and why not get her
involved?  My husband is learning to make graphics and I am surprised how
good some of them are! We learn as we go.

Good luck, don't worry.  Just take a couple more of those tums and you'll be
fine.  *soft laugh*

Joyce