RE: You must be hard up for clients....

by "Bob Masters" <admin(at)BobMasters.com>

 Date:  Wed, 19 Apr 2000 03:46:43 -0400
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Don't narrow your universe so much!

One of the best suggestions I have ever received (re: website design) came
from one of my granddaughters (an 8 year old!). You don't have to have a
Ph.D. to be observant and to have worthwhile suggestions.

And, referring to the original subject of this thread ...

The best clients you will probably have are those who have been burned by
someone else (and there are sure a lot of them). I tell them to take a close
look at (my) competition, talk to (their) clients and then do what is best
for (my solicited client).  I've only lost two clients over the years and
one of them came back after sending a beautiful letter - asking if I would
take her back!

Plus, I learn a lot looking at my competitors' work. And it does help keep
me from getting 'fat and sassy'.

Do you have 'brain-storming' sessions with clients on or about their website
anniversaries: "If we had it to do over again what would you like to see
done differently?" I've been told this is asking for trouble but my
experience has been quite the opposite. They are quite happy to fund
redesign when they were participants in the incentive.

Bob Masters
Client Relations

mailto:Admin(at)Activizers.com
http://www.Activizers.com
Helping prospective friends plan
and implement a successful approach
to doing business on the World Wide Web.