Re: Opinion, please

by "Karin Ransdell" <kransdell(at)squishedmosquito.com>

 Date:  Sat, 24 Jun 2000 16:55:12 -0500
 To:  <daphne(at)garrison-grafixx.com>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Daphne, you most certainly are *not* 'being weird'.  Nine times out of ten,
if that little bell goes off in the back of your head, it's for a reason.
And speaking of reason, there's no reason that either the client or the
broker should have any use for the source code.  That, after all, is what
you get paid for.

One of the wisest pieces of advice I ever received was from a gentlemen who
spent more years than my age working for IBM and who later went on to
establish the pioneer Internet gateway on the Gulf Coast.  His advice was
that a presentation for a client was just that, show them pretty pictures
and assure them that it all works together.  If they were sophisticated
enough to get anything out of looking at source code, they certainly didn't
need to hire you.  And surprise of surprises, this industry is populated
with less than noble individuals and companies, sad to say.

I would avoid this broker like the plague.  Sooner or later, someone else's
design is going to show up with his name on it and the community will take
care of him in its own way.

Karin