Re: Re[2]: Bad Experiences

by "Lisa Bradshaw" <zibbler(at)web-design-cs.com>

 Date:  Fri, 7 Jun 2002 18:18:08 -0400
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Well, just my 0.02 but for the most part I hate free hosting sites because
of all the pop-ups and banner adds, not to mention the severe data transfer
restictions on them and no e-mail accounts. Of  all the free hosts, I have
one that I like a lot and have several of my sites and my clients sites on.
It is Digital Rice. They have absolutely NO advertising at all on them which
is a big plus for me. The downside is, the server seems to be down off and
on quite a bit, but is usually back up pretty quickly. Also, forget about
any goodies like PHP, MySQL, cgi-bin, Perl etc.... but hey, it's free, and
as far as free goes I think it's pretty damned good. Last I heard there was
a waiting list to get an account with them. This may not be the case
anymore. You'll have to check it out yourself. If you want to check it out
their addy is http://www.digitalrice.com

HTH,
Lisa
: Lisa Bradshaw                                        :
: Web Designer/developer                               :
: Crescendo Web Design - http://www.web-design-cs.com  :