RE: Web Log Statistics

by "Todd Philipps" <todd(at)anvil-group.com>

 Date:  Thu, 2 Mar 2000 08:46:11 -0800
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
We use WebTrends but are looking to move to HitList.  WebTrends is WAY too
slow.  Reports on one of our sites takes over 4 hours to run, this is for
one day of logs!  Of course our log files are over 100meg for that day.

HitList uses MS SQL Server, much easier to report on.  The same reports will
take approximately 15 minutes with HitList.

We've found WebTrends to do some weird (inaccurate) reporting.

I currently want a report covering the last month, showing me all pages
being hit under certain directories for a domain.  I can only get 1 report a
day (covers 1 day) because it ties up the machine for over 4 hours.  We have
to let it run over night.  We've tried to run it for a week and it crashes
the machine.

That's my experience with WebTrends.  I believe it would be good for smaller
websites.  We have just out grown it.

Todd Philipps