RE: Closing the Deal

by "Barbara T. Cardin" <barbara(at)wheatpub.com>

 Date:  Mon, 9 Apr 2001 17:45:32 -0500
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Greetings!!!  "Hi" from a first-time poster!
Re closing the deal - oh my yes, its amazing the UNUSUAL things that happen
to get in the way of the closing.  My current fav is the owners are a couple
and the mom delivered their first baby ONE MONTH early!  (Hard to argue with
"gee I am soooo busy!" on that one!)

BUT, to get the work going we do two things upon signing of the contract:
the HOSTING fee starts right away upon receiving the domain name.  You'd be
surprised how this helps!  AND the contract states that 90% of all fees are
due in 3 mo from signing.  AND the contract states that we will do a
progress bill the second month they sign.  Also, we receive 40% up front..

Noticed that many said they do 50% up front...hummm I LIKE that.

Barbara T. Cardin, M.A.
barbara(at)wheatpub.com
http://www.wheatpub.com Wheat Publishing Group, Inc.
For ALL of Your Website, E-Commerce & E-Marketing Needs
P.O. Box 20573, Oklahoma City, OK 73120
405.755.8187 Toll Free 1.877.755.8187 Fax 405.751.0159