Re: Compensation based on Percentage of total Internet sales.

by "Evelyn Hunter" <boots(at)aloha.net>

 Date:  Fri, 14 Jan 2000 07:13:59 -1000
 To:  "HWG Business" <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Nice one, Brian.  I think this was an excellent gesture of customer service.
The only reason I respond to this is that I myself have become a nightmare
customer -- it happens to those who have to provide quality service all day
and then expect it in return when the tables are turned.  Anyway, the point
I feel compelled to make to those in business is, everyone in your chosen
business can provide the customer with the same product(s) you do, the
difference is the customer service you provide.  Remember your customer and
focus on their needs -- even when they are a nightmare.  Also, empathizing
with a customer takes the wind out of their obnoxious sails very quickly --
just happened to me five minutes ago over the phone as I was told, "I am so
sorry!  We will send you a replacement right away.  I will let them know."
etc., etc.  My bitching stopped.  Customer Service!!!  The difference
between you and your competitor.  But, you don't want to be trampled over,
so, this comment was also very important in my mind as I read your post...

>I should mention that I was very sure this business
>would blossom via the net and was very confident with
>the clients desire to embrace this and really be
>aggressive with it.
>
>However, I would not have done the entire site on the
>basis of only getting paid if they get paid.

Before you offer, make sure you will be compensated one way or the other.
In short, help your customer while providing them with your product/service
but be careful and cover yourself.

Sorry, just felt compelled to comment as I rarely do.