Re: Work for "future revenues"

by "John Murray" <jmnc(at)lis.net.au>

 Date:  Sun, 19 Nov 2000 11:34:48 +1100
 To:  "terry felke" <tfelke(at)home.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
These things are more fundamentally about finacial risk.

Give us some numbers. No need to give us the detail of the idea. Some
numbers is all we need. What are estimations of revenue, and what is the
estimation of net over Quarter 1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Year 2. THIS, OR SOMETHING
REMOTELY LIKE IT, IS STEP ONE TO MAKING ANY DECISION, BECAUSE THE FIRST
DECISION YOU MUST MAKE IS HOW MUCH RESOURCE [YOUR TIME] TO COMMIT TO
INVESTIGATING THE OPPORTUNITY ITSELF.

It dosn't mean you don't take on a project that has little risk of
delivering revenue etc.

It's important that you don't kid yourself. You can maintain the sell [to
yourself and others] by having a top end to a range of possible outcomes
with this financial data. But you #must# have a worst case.

Toss some numbers at us.

John