Re: clients dropping the ball

by "Elizabyth Burtis-Lopez" <elizabyth(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Sun, 17 Jun 2001 09:55:53 -0700
 To:  "Kosha Engler" <kosha(at)luminous-designs.com>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Kosha,

Client management is one of the more irritating aspects of any project. I
send my clients a list of milestone dates (sometimes accompanied by a Gannt
chart with critical paths linked to these dates to really drive the point
home) with the explanation that if I don't get what I need by the date I
need it, their launch date will be delayed on a day-for-day basis (and I get
them to sign this document -- it is usually part of the bid). I also create
a list of the assets I need and assign a responsible party to each asset I
need as well as a date. This is very handy when I am dealing with content
coming in from multiple locations and assures that  I always know who
exactly to bug if someone is dragging thier heels.

The other thing I add into my bid is a clause that mentions that delays will
cost my client, as I will have to pay my employees (and myself) for down
time and may have to turn down other work during this time.

Cheers,

Elizabyth Burtis-Lopez
4 Monkeys Web Design
www.4-monkeys.com