Re: Re[2]: Bad Experiences

by "Dusty" <designsbydusty(at)tiadon.com>

 Date:  Fri, 7 Jun 2002 18:34:36 -0500
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Some people just can't afford to pay for hosting. I design, among other
things, a site for a club made up of members from all over the world (US,
Canada, South Africa, Kenya, and a few others). I don't want to shell out
the money to pay for the hosting myself, and trying to get everyone else to
chip in would be rather difficult. Plus, I doubt seriously if we could get
people to join if we told them they had to chip in to help pay for a
website. So, I use Geocities, which is really the only free hosting service
I've had any experience with. Yes, there are things that are very annoying,
such as those little ad boxes, FTP restrictions, and lack of CGI and other
things. But, again, I'm kinda stuck. I honestly don't know a lot about any
of the other free hosting services, and thought it would be worth-while
asking.

Dusty
http://www.geocities.com/ussknight4141/index.html