Re: Need Search Feature

by "Srinivasan Ramakrishnan" <srinivar(at)md3.vsnl.net.in>

 Date:  Fri, 9 Feb 2001 00:23:17 +0530
 To:  "terry felke" <tfelke(at)home.com>,
"Teajai Kimsey" <budgetdesign(at)kscable.com>
 Cc:  "HWG Business" <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
If the website you are running is Linux based, 9/10 it runs PHP too. You can
see if it has PHP by looking at the header sent down to you, though it need
not always be so!

Plus a PHP script is much easier to configure than a Perl script, so it
should get you running almost instantly.

Try searching hotscripts.com (I think) or some other code resource for
custom scripts.

>From PHP.net:

SEARCpHp
http://www.hansanderson.com/php/search/
by Hans H. Anderson

Searcphp - a search engine written exclusively in PHP. It does not require
any database or external program. Works with PHP3 and above. Great for all
sites, but especially for sites that can't use other search tools such as
agrep, htdig, glimpse or swish. Indexes information from any source that PHP
can access -- local files, web pages, databases -- whatever.

HTH,
-Srini