Re: Collecting Payments?

by "Malcolm Smart" <malcolm(at)smart-web.com>

 Date:  Thu, 6 Jan 2000 15:19:49 -0500
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I invoice exclusively via email. I haven't had a client in years who has a
problem with that. One former client, DoubleClick, has just sent me a notice
demanding that all future invoices be mailed to a particular address, but
this is not the norm.

And I have never been paid in any way other than by check sent via US mail,
except under very unusual circumstances. I met a client for coffee once, and
she gave me a check at that meeting. And another one had to wire transfer
money because they couldn't get it together to send a check via mail until
the job was in jeopardy. Incidentally, I would have preferred a check via
overnight mail in that case because it took 36 hours for the wire transfer
to show up in my account. With an overnight check, I would have had it in my
hands the next morning, a full 14 hours sooner than the wire transfer. I
know that the funds wouldn't have been collected, but at least I would have
known that they were serious about paying me.

Malcolm Smart
Smart Online Services
malcolm(at)smart-web.com
718-783-0261