RE: Copying web sites

by "Timothy Embler" <multipleimage(at)myrealbox.com>

 Date:  Thu, 7 Jun 2001 23:18:08 -0700
 To:  "'Susan Walsh'" <susan(at)equilibriumdesign.com>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
This can be a pain but you do have some options.  They obvisly lied
saying there site is copyrighted in 99 when it was first registered in
01.  Unless they lost registartion on it, doubtfull.  You may want to
consult a lawyer.  You can send a demand letter for the removal of the
site and if they do not remove it take them to court.  If you have any
dated print outs that is best.  Or print a dirtree w/ orig mod dates if
you have those.

This cases can be tricky.  Did you include any type of watermarks on
your graphics?

Also in your contract who owns the copyright?  You or the client?  If
the client owns it, it will be up to them to handle this matter.

Tim