Re: Using magazine articles

by "Jonathon Stevens" <jon(at)3spadefx.com>

 Date:  Sun, 22 Jul 2001 12:53:19 -0400
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> "Ten Copyright Permission Myths,"
> http://www.gigalaw.com/articles/jassin-2000-08-p1.html (one of the myths,
> with a full explanation in response, is: "Since I'm only using a small
> portion of the original work, I don't need permission.")

    You can have all the articles you want on a website, that doesn't make
them law.  If you two lawyers on the list are so bent up on trying to prove
me wrong, then look up the case, the guy from aolsucks.com's name is David
Cassel.  You can also look up the case about White Wolf Publishing.  I'll
have to dig to get the name of the owner of the fan site they sued (and lost
as per my previous post).

    Jonathon Stevens
3spadeFX Productions