Re: ISP Costs

by "Karin Ransdell" <kransdell(at)squishedmosquito.com>

 Date:  Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:48:45 -0600
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>,
"Ben Ocean" <lists(at)TheWebsons.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Think about this for a minute.... do you mean Internet Service Provider, or
reseller?

The costs involved in each are vastly different.

I work with one of each and the cost of running a true ISP can be
astronomical.  The ISP provides hardware, connection to the backbone, dialup
lines if access is offered, support, the whole nine yards.  For that reason,
I'm going to assume that you mean the expenses of becoming a reseller.

If that's the case, it depends largely on the company you choose to resell.
The only way to really know is to select your candidates, and research their
particular reseller plans.  Some require nothing more than the purchase of a
particular monthly hosting plan.

Karin Ransdell  kransdell(at)squishedmosquito.com
Escapade Development Team
Squished Mosquito, Inc.
http://www.squishedmosquito.com  or  http://www.escapade.org